The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for providing exemplary pre-sales support to the sales team focusing on territory and enterprise accounts. The Senior Sales Engineer will assist in driving new business from prospective and existing customer accounts within their respective assigned territory, and meeting and/or exceeding all sales quotas to achieve revenue goals. This position will organize, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the technical pre-sales engagement for prospective.
• Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, product demonstrations, consistent communication, and on-going technical consultation.
• Act as a business resource to the customer and provide "industry expert" executive level selling practices
• Proactively Drive Strategic and Enterprise account opportunities within key territory accounts.
• Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within their target accounts including relationship and business development activities.
• Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, the Sales Engineer (SE) to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their pre-sales customers
• Take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our pre-sales customers to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone
• Support the regional Sales Organization to ensure timely and successful closing of sales to potential customers.
• Liaison between customers and Product Management to communicate relevant feedback and customer requirements.
• Assist in planning and conducting mid/high-level meetings with customers and prospects.
• Ability to quickly learn, apply, and position technical knowledge related to company and competitor offerings.
• Help shape the future of the threatstream platform by leveraging field experience with development priorities
• Participates in trade shows, seminars and other industry events.
• Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
• Security analytics expierence
• At least five years of experience as a field systems engineer software industry
• Excellent knowledge of general networking concepts, Linux
• Strong understanding of security and information event management (SIEM)
• Hands on Experience with ArcSight, SPLUNK, Net Witness, Q1 Radar, Nitro SIEM
• Confident in front of customers and audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated capability to handle Proof Of Concept and solution demonstrations.
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Location: Silicon Valley California